NEVЯLAND

This is the End

15 June 2010

When Pets become Food; Life Goes On--Part 01

My wife doesn't want to hear about this part of the NEVЯLAND saga, but I tell her anyway.

I like to bounce ideas off Nadya and gauge her reaction.

When I told her about how the Children in NEVЯLAND round up the larger dogs and cats and begin breeding them for food, she said, "I don't want to hear about this."

Ah, I knew I had a good plot device. That's the reaction I wanted.

Sometimes we have to look at the horrible reality to understand the ugly Truth.

I have no problem being a full human being who eats the flesh of animals.

Perhaps that is why I wouldn't have any problem eating Rover or Fluffy if it meant surviving or starving to death.

"Why can't they just eat cows?" Nadya asked.

Well, for one thing, there's this invisible Wall that doesn't let anything get in or out of the city, which means no replenishment of food supplies.

Besides that, for four weeks now, the Children have had no contact with the outside world and some are beginning to suspect they are all on their own--that they are the last people on the face of the Earth.

If they are to survive, they will have to eat whatever they can.

The food from the stores, homes, and restaurants won't last forever.

They can grow vegetables, but that won't be enough.

Remember, there's nearly 4,000 Children left in Junebug.

They will need meat. And when the meat from the homes, restaurants, and stores run out, large dogs and cats are the natural answer.

Cruel? Really?

What would you do?

That's a sincere question--I'd really like to know.

Food, glorious food!I fully expect the vegans, the pseudo-vegetarians, and the fanatical pet lovers to use guilt-trip tactics to raise a maudlin defense for not eating the dogs and cats.

Mmmm! You see cute kittens. I see Hot Wings!


One vegan told me once, "I don't eat anything with a face on it."

I wouldn't have minded the comment except that it was said in a rather judgmental way and designed to swell up some sort of guilt feelings within me as I chomped down on my delicious pork.

"Well," I replied, "do you eat heads of lettuce, ears of corns, hearts of artichoke, baby peas, finger sandwiches, et cetera?"

He was not amused.

My point is, Humans eat other living things. Humans are built to eat both plants and vegetables. Full Humans take advantage of the Natural ability to eat both.

Funny: the Human race has not survived for hundreds of thousands of years listening to the PC crowd or avoiding the flesh of other animals.

In fact, those who raise the hue and cry about eating pets are silent on the whole human-flesh-eating-zombie craze.

Nearly lost in all this talk of eating the household pets is the birth of the first Child since the Disappearance.

We'll chew the fat on that subject in Part 02.

See you on the bookshelves,

Larry Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment